Steps to Claim Under Warranty with Zone RV
What is covered by the Zone RV Warranty?
Please read this article for more information about what is covered under your warranty.
Initial Contact and Assessment
When purchasing a recreational vehicle (RV) from Zone RV, it's important to understand the warranty terms and conditions to ensure a smooth claim process. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to claim under warranty with Zone RV, helping owners navigate the necessary procedures effectively.
1. Research the knowledge base
In the event of a defect or issue with your Zone RV, we recommend you research our knowledge base for common questions and answers in case your concern is a simple fix.
2. Call Zone RV & Speak with Tech Support
In the event you cannot find the right information on the Knowledge Base, the next step is to contact Zone RV's Tech Support Team. You can reach them by phone on 07 5471 6410 to discuss and diagnose the problem. This initial conversation helps determine if the issue can be resolved over the phone or if further assessment is required.
If your enquiry relates to fiber glass or cabinetry panels (excluding hardware and hinges) please move forward to the final step and create a warranty claim.
If your enquiry is about your Cruisemaster Suspension, we recommend you contact them directly for further assistance and warranty claims.
3. Arrange an Assessment Appointment at Zone RV or a Repair Provider
If the issue cannot be resolved over the phone with Zone RV Tech Support, we can arrange an assessment appointment for your caravan here at Zone RV in Coolum, Queensland. An assessment at Zone RV is free of charge. If you choose to have an assessment at a repair provider of your choice, the cost of this appointment will be borne by the owner and cannot be claimed as an expense to Zone RV. During the assessment, the technicians will thoroughly examine your caravan to identify any defects covered under the Zone RV Warranty.
NOTE: A warranty claim which is assessed by a third party may be rejected if Zone RV does not agree with the outcome of the third party assessment or if we are of the opinion that only part of the warranty defect is Zone RV’s responsibility.
Submitting a Claim
Once the assessment is complete and a defect covered by the warranty is identified, it's time to submit a claim. Adhering to the warranty terms and conditions is crucial for a successful claim process.Submit a Claim Using the Online Form
To initiate the warranty claim process, you need to complete the online claim form provided by Zone RV at this link. The form requires you to include specific details as outlined in the warranty terms and conditions. Ensure you provide the following information:
- Proof of ownership: Include proof of purchase directly from Zone RV or vehicle registration papers from the relevant government department.
- Service and maintenance records: Provide documentation that verifies the regular servicing and maintenance of your RV.
- Detailed description of the alleged defect: Clearly explain the nature of the defect or issue you are experiencing.
- Cause of the alleged defect: If possible, provide information on what might have caused the defect.
- High-quality detailed photographs of the defect: Submit photographs that clearly depict the identified defect.
- A copy of the third party assessment from step 3 (if completed at a repairer other than Zone RV)
By submitting the claim with accurate and complete information, you facilitate the assessment and decision-making process.
Note: A claim is not approved until all steps have been followed, and approval is given. Failure to follow the specified process may result in a denied claim without reimbursement.
While following the steps mentioned above is essential, it's important to be aware of some additional aspects outlined in the warranty terms and conditions.
- Delivery and collection responsibility: Unless the defect prevents safe delivery, the cost of delivering and collecting the RV to and from Zone RV or an approved service repairer rests with the owner.
- Ceasing use of the RV: In the event that the defect makes the RV inoperative or unsafe, it is crucial to immediately stop using the vehicle and notify Zone RV for inspection and necessary repairs or servicing.
- On-site repairs: If requested by the owner, Zone RV may provide on-site repair services for defects covered by the warranty. However, this service requires payment of a call-out fee determined by Zone RV and approval via the above method.
- Authorized repair work: To ensure warranty coverage and payment, all repairs must be carried out by a Zone RV Approved Service Repairer and require prior express written consent from Zone RV.
By following these steps and adhering to the warranty terms and conditions, Zone RV owners can streamline the warranty claim process and increase the likelihood of a successful claim. It is important to thoroughly read and understand the warranty documentation provided by Zone RV to ensure compliance with their requirements.